Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Help!

wrote:
Hi, I need some help. I have to change dishwasher but I cannot close
the water because the valve under the sink is broken. I also cannot
close the water for the house because a regulation of my condominium.
Does anybody think I will be able to change the walve without closing
the water? I know I will get wet, but I want to know if it will be
possible and how hard it is, or if you have other suggestion....
Thanks a lot.

Are the hoses to the washer flexible?

You MIGHT succeed by:
a: Clamping the hose.
b: Cutting the hose
c: Fashioning a new connector for the cut-off end.

No sane person would try this, but you can offer it as an alternative plan
to the condo management. They will instantly see the potential disaster and
accede to your request.

If you DO manage to get the water turned off, for god's sake, replace the
defective valve.