Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default SF Bay area source for Redwood?

WD wrote in
:

On 27 May 2007 15:27:03 -0700, "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Try Plywood and Lumber Sales (PALS) in Oakland. They sell wholesale to
cabinet shops and contractors. I get my hardwoods there. If they have
Redwood it will be the best price a retail buyer can get. They are
open Saturdays too. Bad neighborhood but great people and prices.

I use these guys, too. And I agree about the neighborhood. But good
people, and good product, at very competitive prices.

Someone told me Macbeath in Berkeley is pretty cheap, I have not been
there yet. http://www.macbeath.com/order/index.html

I can never get into Macbeath in Berkeley. Parking sucks. But they have
been there 50+ years, and they sponsor Norm on PBS...

I have abuddy who builds fences for a living. Walked away from the banking
business 30 years ago, because it was driving him crazy. He's the goto
fence guy in Contra Costa County. He uses Diablo Timbers, or something
like that, a wholesale only yard up in American Canyon, just north of
Vallejo. Really nice product, if you're the right customer.

Patriarch