Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default 6 yo lennox leaking freon

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
It was leaking from around the schrader valves where they hook up the

gauges.
You'd think they could just swap out valves but apparently they intend

swap out the entire valve block.

Sounds as if they're as competent at Chris.

While the parts are on order, why didn't they screw the caps on tight?

He did but he declined to refill the system while he was waiting to see

what the
landlord would do. I think he thought the landlord would balk at paying

the
exhorbitant price he said he thought it would cost. As it turned out, it

was a
warranty item. But in the meanwhile, I sit and sweat. With any luck the

parts
will be here tomorrow.

Yeah, it's to bad he doesn't stock the shrader valves on his service truck.

I guess he doesn't own the tools to change them without loosing the charge
either.