Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Light bulb question

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2007 10:33:08 -0700, "Paul O."
wrote:

In our kitchen we have two ceiling light fixtures with 60 watt max.
labeled on the fixture. I presume this is for the heat. I'm
wondering if in those fixtures one can use a 100 watt flourescent
screw in like the ones at Lowes and other places. Thanks.

A 60 watt lamp of any kind will generate 60 watts of heat.
A 100 watt lamp of any kind will generate 100 watts of heat.

Overall that is true, but the heat in the fixture is only 60 watts less
the light that exits the fixture.

Use a 60 watt fluorescent lamp, provided there is no dimmer on the
circuit.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit