Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default The Coca-Cola gambit- a new technique, or wishful finishing?

Prometheus wrote:

snip

While it wasn't all that cheap, I messed up our (clothes) dryer a
while back and wrecked the heating element. Since I was the dumb SOB
that broke it in the first place, I paid a repairman to come and fix
it up. After he left, I saw that he had left the old element sitting
on my table saw. I untwisted the element, and cut it into 12" pieces-
there's a lot of nichrome wire in one of those things.

Sure enough, it works great on the razortip, and I bet it'd be perfect
for cutting glass with the method described above, and might even make
a good foam cutter, if a guy needed one.

Just a heads-up, in case any of you have an electric dryer go out on
you.

I used to dampen a piece of string with kerosene, tie it around a
bottle, and light it. When it was burning well I dunked it in a bucket
of water and it would pop right into. Probably should have worn
safety glasses, but had never heard of them on the farm in the dark ages.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The trouble with not having a job is