Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Propane weed burner question

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

"Jack S" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide for
killing weeds, and try scorching them instead.

There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was
wondering if there is anything to choose for or against in buying
one. The one I'm leaning toward getting says: "3000+ Fahrenheit" -
that's enough, right?

Here in Seattle, use of "weed burners" is illegal. FWIW.

Bob

Is the OP in Seattle? If not, who cares?

I just burned my "lawn" and garden off. It's finally time
to plant. And we're going to burn 20 acres of hay meadows off
that we weren't able to hay last year, due to Seattle-type
weather all frigging summer.

Jan in Alaska

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.