Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

Mark & Juanita wrote:
| On Sun, 27 May 2007 23:32:03 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
| wrote:
|
|| Robatoy wrote:
||| But FIRST we do a feasibility study to see if the desired path
||| warrants a steering committee in order to fund a research group in
||| order to see if we can synchronise all the lobbies and focus
||| groups to make discoveries to establish re-electabilty. After
||| they write a proposal to investigate the ramifications due to
||| financial and environmental impact of any and all
||| proposals...when we get that all ironed out, it's time to move on
||| to the next big step: we drum up support by printing leaflets
||| which we will hand out at all the White Castle outlets. THEN we
||| develop a plan. As long as it doesn't impact the Slippy-Bellied
||| Snail population and/or the spotted owls. Oh.. and we need to
||| hire some lawyers.
||| Is that what you mean, Morris?
||| ożo
||| (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
|| Tongue in cheek or not, there's enough truth in that to be
|| downright discouraging.
|| 'develop a plan and take action' ::= 'talk it to death'
|
| OTOH, there are times when that is *not* a bad idea.
|
| I've seen the result of too many times when someone says, "It's
| time to quit analyzing and time to *do* something." 9 times out of
| 10 that *something* is exactly the wrong thing, but by golly we
| *did* something!

So have I - and in nearly every case it's because no one asked:
"What's the worst that could happen?"

We might consider: "What's the worst that could happen if we continue
to do what we've been doing?" The answer to this question may help us
to define the level of risk acceptable in alternative solutions. Let's
stipulate that there is no choice without /some/ associated risk.

It's also worth asking if a large problem can be subdivided so as to
be solved piecewise, and which of the partial solutions offer no
downside.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar