Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

In article .net, Lew
Hodgett wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote:

In some places. Here in Canada, it would have a nasty economic impact
because of the huge distances we have to move goods, both imported and
for export. It would kill western Canadian farmers.

You know, I doubt that.

What you are suggesting is that the way of life of the Canadian grain
farmer would be put in peril, and they would just give up and quit farming.

When the human animal's survival is attacked, they can be very
resourceful and adaptable.

My money would be on the farmers.

As an aside, I work for the largest agricultural newspaper in Canada. I
understand the resilience of the farmer, but I also understand the
market and financial pressures they're under here in the prairies.

I'm not suggesting they'd give up. I'm suggesting they'd be forced into
bankruptcy.