Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SF Bay area source for Redwood?

Try Plywood and Lumber Sales (PALS) in Oakland. They sell wholesale to
cabinet shops and contractors. I get my hardwoods there. If they have
Redwood it will be the best price a retail buyer can get. They are
open Saturdays too. Bad neighborhood but great people and prices.

They other place I get Cedar and construction type lumber is in San
Leandro or Hayward, around there somewhere. Called Golden State or
something along those lines. They are pretty good at giving advice and
prices over the phone. The other place is 84 lumber. Still better than
retail but usually not too helpful. A bunch of wanabee construction
guys who couldn't make it in the real world so they work at the lumber
supplier. You have to deal with there **** but they usually have stock
on hand.

BW

On May 19, 7:37 pm, "Rima Neas" wrote:
Looking for Select Heart or better, at a good price. Does anyone have a
favorite source around here? Most yards seem to have some, but I have not
found one that specializes in redwood or has particularly attractive prices
or selection. I would be happy to drive a little if that helps.

Cheers, Shawn