Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Light bulb question

Paul O. wrote:
In our kitchen we have two ceiling light fixtures with 60 watt max.
labeled on the fixture. I presume this is for the heat. I'm wondering
if in those fixtures one can use a 100 watt flourescent screw in like
the ones at Lowes and other places. Thanks.

First I assume that you are talking about a lamp labeled as having the
same light output as a 100 W lamp and not a 100W fluorescent lamp. :-)

Most will work fine, just keep the total wattage (not equivalent light
output) below the fixture's rating. Some CF are not rated for enclosed
fixtures so you will want to check on that for the specific lamp you are
using.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit