william_b_noble

Default Where to buy I-R air compressor (Seattle or mail-order)?

well, I paid $800 for my 5 hp quincy compressor - refurbished, from a local
compressor rebuilder (not local to washington, unfortunately) - it is a LOT
more compressor than the harbor freight unit - it weighs in at around 800
pounds, and delivers over 19 cfm (according to the manual) at 160 psi - so
maybe it's worth looking around

"Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho" wrote in message
om...
Bob: Go to Harbor Freight website and look at the Puma TK5080V
compressor. 80 gallon, 2 stage, 5hp unit. I've looked at one in
person, and I assure you it's a lot of compressor for $999.99
delivered to your doorstep. I too had contemplated an IR, Champion,
etc., but for $500 less than those brands, the Puma is hard to beat.
Ronnie

(GTO69RA4) wrote in message

Alternately, Quincy also makes heavy duty compressors.

Mmmmm, Quincy. I'd rate them higher than IR these days. Champion's good,

too.

GTO(John)