Bob Powell

Default Where to buy I-R air compressor (Seattle or mail-order)?

I'm shopping for a 7.5 or 10 hp single phase I-R compressor outfit, would
prefer to buy in person from some place around Seattle, but will mail-order
necessary.

Anyone have a favorite dealer?

thanks,

Bob

Grant Erwin

I suggest Harbor Freight in Tacoma. $1650.

They do mark them down once a year or so, I think to the $1450 range.

In-person you might well get a better price because free shipping is built
into the $1650 price.

If you want to beat the sales tax you can always buy it in person in Portland.
They have a store down there too.

Grant

Bob Powell wrote:

I'm shopping for a 7.5 or 10 hp single phase I-R compressor outfit, would
prefer to buy in person from some place around Seattle, but will mail-order
necessary.

Stephen

"Bob Powell" wrote in message
s.com...
I'm shopping for a 7.5 or 10 hp single phase I-R compressor outfit, would
prefer to buy in person from some place around Seattle, but will

mail-order
necessary.

Anyone have a favorite dealer?

thanks,

Bob

Here in upstate NY Tractor Supply Co. carries several IR compressors, single
and 2 stage 240 V single phase. 7.5 HP 24.3 CFM 175 max PSI. IR HP claims
seem to be closer to reality than a lot of other compressors. I think
Tractor Supply has most of their stores in the east but they have some on
west coast. I think they do do mail order. Maybe some other farm supply
stores carry IR

Scp

GTO69RA4

Alternately, Quincy also makes heavy duty compressors.

Mmmmm, Quincy. I'd rate them higher than IR these days. Champion's good, too.

GTO(John)

Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho

Bob: Go to Harbor Freight website and look at the Puma TK5080V
compressor. 80 gallon, 2 stage, 5hp unit. I've looked at one in
person, and I assure you it's a lot of compressor for $999.99
delivered to your doorstep. I too had contemplated an IR, Champion,
etc., but for $500 less than those brands, the Puma is hard to beat.
Ronnie

(GTO69RA4) wrote in message ...
Alternately, Quincy also makes heavy duty compressors.

Mmmmm, Quincy. I'd rate them higher than IR these days. Champion's good, too.

GTO(John)

nic

I-R has a service & sales place down in Auburn, just west of
167 at about 295th, you get to it from West Valley Hiway.
Seattle Air Center
3500 West Valley Highway North
Auburn, WA 98001
Phone: 253-931-8600
FAX: 253-931-8700
I don't know how much brand new stuff they sell, but they
definitely sell "seconds". A cheap friend of mine got his
compressor there and has no complaints, even about the
price.
They're also next door to a Porter Cable service center, who
also sells seconds and repaired tools.

Bob Powell wrote:

I'm shopping for a 7.5 or 10 hp single phase I-R compressor outfit, would
prefer to buy in person from some place around Seattle, but will mail-order
necessary.

Anyone have a favorite dealer?

thanks,

Bob

william_b_noble

well, I paid $800 for my 5 hp quincy compressor - refurbished, from a local
compressor rebuilder (not local to washington, unfortunately) - it is a LOT
more compressor than the harbor freight unit - it weighs in at around 800
pounds, and delivers over 19 cfm (according to the manual) at 160 psi - so
maybe it's worth looking around

om...