Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
daestrom daestrom is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
cmiles3 wrote:

Without this disconnect, your power may not be restored during an
outage. I've been told they will not work on the line until the
switches are upgraded to meet the current standard. Since you have a
generator, you might be willing to live with this. But your neighbors
may decide to go to court if they suffer damages due to your safety
compliance.

Where in the world do you live? Either they pull the meter, or
disconnect the drop from the secondaries. I've seen it done repeatedly
around here after each hurricane.

That's what I saw in Mississippi many years ago. If the drop to a house was
damaged, they disconnected it. Then they would power up the block and most
houses would get power back. The few that had damaged service entrances or
other problems wouldn't get power back for quite some time (on the order of
a couple of weeks, when they finished with the main lines and feeders, they
would come back and do individual service).

daestrom