Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

HeyBub wrote:
| Doug Miller wrote:
|| In article , "HeyBub"
|| wrote:
||| Uh, no. The current inflation rate of about 34% compares favorably
||| with the
|| ^^^
|| Isn't there supposed to be a decimal point in there somewhere?
|
| Yeah. My bad. 3.4%.

You missed the point (I wasn't comparing inflation rates, rather
perspectives of people inside the US vs people outside the US)

I'm not interested in arguing with your statistics - what I'm
experiencing is nothing like 3.4% - but that may only reflect a
difference between the way the number is produced and my real world
spending.

[ The majority of my spending is for clear hardwood, plywood, glue,
solar glazing, stock aluminum extrusions, stainless steel screws,
carbide cutting tools, OTR shipping, and the usual gasoline,
electricity, phone/dsl, natural gas, rent, and groceries. ]

I wish /I/ were seeing your 3.4% - and (probably) so do my customers.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar