Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:16:08 GMT, Han wrote:

I'm not about to brave NY City traffic on my bike. Seen too many
near misses and a few not misses, which generally do not favor the
bicycle rider

I hear that!

The only time I ride NYC is during the 5 Boro Bike Tour, on closed
roads.

One year, I took MNCRR in from New Haven, had a beautiful ride from
GCT to Battery Park at 6 AM, a great day of touring, and a HELL RIDE
back to GCT ~ 3 PM. And that was on a Sunday! Now, if I take the
train in with the bike, I'll use the subway to get to Battery Park.

We usually use the subway to get around when visiting, but one of
these days I need to learn the bus system. The bus would be so much
faster when I have to change trains or do the marathon walk in Times
Square Station. I like the newer trains with the electric station
maps, working A/C, and automated announcements.

NYC has a such an excellent mass transit system, I'd also leave the
bike home during commuting hours.

Never got my act together to do any part of the bike tour sad.
Bus maps are free at Grand Central somewhere, most likely at a subway
ticket booth.
Sometimes, the problem with buses is the choked up traffic, and a subway
ride is faster then, depending on a lot.

For those unfamiliar with the NY City system, everything is Metrocard
nowadays (or cash in coins on the bus, where you can get a free transfer
if you ask).

A single fare is good on the whole subway system plus a busride, or on 2
separate busrides. A transfer is implied when you validate the
metrocard, and is good for departure on the next trip within 2 hours of
starting the first. Metrocard validation only occurs when entering bus
or subway.
--
Best regards
Han