Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:16:08 GMT, Han wrote:

I'm not about to brave NY City traffic on my bike. Seen too many
near misses and a few not misses, which generally do not favor the bicycle
rider

I hear that!

The only time I ride NYC is during the 5 Boro Bike Tour, on closed
roads.

One year, I took MNCRR in from New Haven, had a beautiful ride from
GCT to Battery Park at 6 AM, a great day of touring, and a HELL RIDE
back to GCT ~ 3 PM. And that was on a Sunday! Now, if I take the
train in with the bike, I'll use the subway to get to Battery Park.

We usually use the subway to get around when visiting, but one of
these days I need to learn the bus system. The bus would be so much
faster when I have to change trains or do the marathon walk in Times
Square Station. I like the newer trains with the electric station
maps, working A/C, and automated announcements.

NYC has a such an excellent mass transit system, I'd also leave the
bike home during commuting hours.