Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Mower engine - UPDATE

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

No choke on a GTS engine. Common problem is the bowl supply tube
(actually
the bolt that holds the bowl on) gets gunked up on the bottom. Make
sure
the holes are clear. Same goes for the primer. I have a Personal
Pace 6.5
hp electric start that I bought new 5 years ago. Let bad gas in it
just
one off season and the damn thing would not start. Addressed those
two
areas I described and it starts on the first crank after pushing the
primer rapidly several times when cold otherwise no prime needed.

I've got one with the same problem. I've just been pushing the primer
every few seconds after starting untill it warms up enough to run
right. I'll also try this and maybe other fixes suggested here and see
what happens.

Bob