Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Oneway 2436 or VB-36

Hi Arch

I don't want to take the whole bandwidth up why this is, so I'll keep
it short.
1) because I say so !!! ;- , not good enough ??? Oh OK.
2) Get One and way, ;-)) faster than I can explain, you will know.
3) You can make a small bowl on a big lathe.
4) You can't make a large bowl on a little lathe.
5) Less vibration or wiggle, yes I know some like that ;-)))
5) Bragging rights ????
6) I'll stop here, my coffee is getting cold.
7) Etc, Etc,
8) And And..........
Have MORE fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On May 26, 5:53 pm, (Arch) wrote:
Bill, Leo V. & interested others,

I don't mean to be disagreeable. Just asking questions of knowledgeable
friends. I turn things that fit on people's tables or on their shelves
from decent native timber blanks and I _sincerely want to know what
important advantages I am missing or at least compromising.

Everything else being equal as possible:

For turning say a 4 in. tall X 7 in. d. maple blank to make a bowl, why
is a Oneway or a Stubby superior to my Jet mini or my VL100?

For turning a 1 1/2 in. X 12 in, cherry blank to make a platter, why is
a Oneway or a Stubby superior to my N3K ?

I assume there are good reasons why and I'm happy to listen to them.
TIA.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter