Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Oneway 2436 or VB-36

Bill, Leo V. & interested others,

I don't mean to be disagreeable. Just asking questions of knowledgeable
friends. I turn things that fit on people's tables or on their shelves
from decent native timber blanks and I _sincerely want to know what
important advantages I am missing or at least compromising.

Everything else being equal as possible:

For turning say a 4 in. tall X 7 in. d. maple blank to make a bowl, why
is a Oneway or a Stubby superior to my Jet mini or my VL100?

For turning a 1 1/2 in. X 12 in, cherry blank to make a platter, why is
a Oneway or a Stubby superior to my N3K ?

I assume there are good reasons why and I'm happy to listen to them.
TIA.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter