Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Mower engine - UPDATE

On 26 May 2007 11:48:05 -0700, wrote:

Well, this weekend I took the carb apart to clean it up. I didn't find
anything out of the ordnary. The passages appeared clear and the main
tube running from the gas bowl into the throttle body was clear as
well.

Just my experience here. The carb on my power washer has tiny
"inlet/jets" (not sure of the name) located in the carb throat.. The
only way they can be cleaned/cleared is with a piece of stainless wire
plucked from a wire brush. (Do_Not_Break_The_Wire)

Another thing to look at is if the float jet is damaged on the tip or
is otherwise sticking.

I might even suggest you soak the carb in a cleaner (auto store kit)
for a day and blow is out with compressed air.

Have adjusted the float with the a gauge?

--
Oren