Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 10:26:11 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Marion county took several bad hits over the last few years, and
Progress Energy was to busy co-ordinating repairs to do much of the
actual work.

FPL seems to do a lot better job down here in SW Fla. Maybe it is
because we are more exposed to the storms. We had our power back in a
day after Wilma and Charlie. (they came right over us). We never lost
power in the other dozen or so near misses over the quarter century I
have been here. This is also a 60s era neighborhood. My house was
built in 1963. Surprisingly it has roof clips that are equal to or
exceed the current code set in a poured tie beam.

We lost over 1000 power poles, and they can only replace so many a
day. The Florida green Belt runs right behind my house. When I moved
in eight years ago, you couldn't find a gap in the trees. Now 75% or
more of the trees are gone Old oaks and pines were snapping like match
sticks, but they deflected a lot of wind away from my house. My house
is the very last one in the back corner of the subdivision, so anything
that causes a problem takes out my electricity.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida