Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Oneway 2436 or VB-36

Hi Bill

Yes we do agree on a lot, and I'm sure the Stubby is the better answer
for some instances, like you said.
As matter of fact, all things being equal, if there was no Oneway, the
Stubby would be on top of my list.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On May 26, 1:34 am, "William Noble" wrote:
I actually like the oneway a lot - I'm not denigrating it - what I was
responding to was what appeared to be a post saying that to turn large
things, the OP wanted to buy a oneway and the outboard turning attachment -
whether I was clear o4r not, my intended point was that if you want to turn
larger than you can turn over the ways on a oneway, then look at the Stubby
because you can turn quite a bit larger without going outboard (in fact, on
a stubby you CANT go outboard). If the oneway meets your needs, its a
beautiful lathe, but it's at its best when you are turning within it's
design range over the ways.

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi Bill
We are not talking about the space in your shop.
Nor were we talking about 36" platters.

So maybe you should REREAD what you said.