Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide mike hide is offline

Default Timber merchants Manchester UK

Henry, From what I can remember lumber prices in the UK were sky high
perehaps it might be worth looking for barn teardowns and the like .One
other source might be the local farmer they used to keep a copse or two for
wood needed around the farm for repairs etc.

from what I hear the south downs were heavily forrested with english oak and
beech most of it was cut in WW1 and never replanted must have been a sight
to see mjh

"Henry Law" wrote in message
I'm looking for a source of beech (or something similar, to make a
workbench from) in the Manchester area (I suppose I'd travel as far as
Chester, Stoke, Preston, Leeds ...). Googling has turned up nothing; any
suggestions?

--

Henry Law Manchester, England