Posted to rec.woodworking
lwhaley lwhaley is offline

Default Suitable Rough Saw

On May 25, 1:57 pm, robthill wrote:
I have some old floor boards and fence posts which I want to cut up to
burn in a stove. Would an ordinary reciprocating saw with a
demolition blade or a DeWalt alligator saw be better for this job?

I use a worm-drive saw with a nail cutting demolition blade for that
type of work. The skil worm-drive is famous and I have one. It makes
demolition easy compared to any other type of saws I have used
including recips. Never seen the alligator saw in use but it is quite
a unique saw from what I can tell. The skil worm drive is a must have
as far as I'm concerned. Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Skil-HD77-4-In...0196035&sr=8-1

For only $125!!! I would buy it if I didn't already own it, hehe.