Anthony

Default Target attack on this NG

Ted Edwards wrote in
:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I started receiving e-mail with malicious virus attachments from
forged addresses pretending to be from people on the NG that I would
normally read their mail.

I see you are using Outlaw Express. A friend sent this to me very
recently so I could pass a warning to Windoze using friends:
"
Headline article in Friday's Sun. No longer is it necessary to open
an attachment to get the virus. "Looking at a message in a preview
window is enough . . " This is a yet another virus that propagates
from the host computer and allows hackers access to your info. It
"exploits known flaws in Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and Media
Player to run a small hypertext language message that downloads the
virus". M$'s latest patch does not fix the problem.
"

M$ has actually made a patch to fix something?....I wasn't aware..I
thought they only made patches to patches of patches...
Btw..I run both *nix and M$. There are merits to both, and disadvantages
to both, security being M$'s biggest downfall...other than someone's
super intelligent decision to actually release Windows ME for public
use.

--
Anthony

better idiots.