Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Home Depot Plywood Quality

On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:04:37 -0600, "Thom"
wrote:

Funny - I usually have better luck with Home Depot for plywood then I do
with Lowes.

Be aware that some of the plywood in BORG stores (blue and orange)
actually comes from local distributors.

I can call a local wholesale plywood distributor, bring the info to my
local HD Pro Desk, and have the material the next day. I _have_ to
know exactly what I want when I deal with HD, but I can get slatwall,
phenolic board, bending plywood, or just about any hardwood veneer.

If I need a decent amount, I'll still haul my cargo trailer to my
favorite hardwood dealer, a 35 mile round trip, but HD is less than 2
miles away. The same wholesaler will ship non-stock product to the
hardwood dealer or my buddy's bicycle shop, if I order enough.