Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George Saridakis George Saridakis is offline

Default Oneway 2436 or VB-36

Hi Lawrence,

I actually considered the same comparison before I bought my 2436. I did not buy the large outboard attachment, because I have no interest on work of that scale.

Turning inboard on the 2436 is a dream as the lathe just does what I ask of it and I can focus on the turning.

I replaced one speed controller - on Oneway's warranty; that was likely due to my style of starting and stopping frequently as I had not originally purchased the breaking resistor and that is what probably cooked the original controller.

If I had to do it over again, I would purchase the same identical machine. The folks in Ontario have quickly answered any questions I have had and shipped replacement consumables quickly (I use vacuum chucking for much of my work).

My turning skills have improved significantly with the use of this lathe, and the vacuum chucking capability has allowed me to rework production items which I would otherwise have had to discard.

George

"Lawrence Day" wrote in message ...
I have been turning for several years on a Oneway 1224 and I am considering moving up to a larger lathe. The two that I am considering the most is a Oneway 2436 with the 44" outboard setup or the VB-36 with tail stock setup. What do you guys think? Which is more user friendly? Which one is easier to get parts for, etc? Thanks