Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Acronyms & Slang ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING

On May 25, 1:36 pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

There is no Coors heavy.

Imagine if there was. Then you'd have a concentrated version of
flavoured water. Extra boredom.

Coors, the product of a malcontented horse.

What is amazing, is how much your average consumer forgets when they
taste something 'without' a label.
Case in point was that my mentor at the National Research Council was
an avid scotch drinker. As this was well known amongst his followers,
he ended up with a collection of scotches second to none. A cellar
full. I don't think he was ever stumped when asked if he had a certain
brand.
One night, as guests at his house, my crew and I were challenged to a
double blind taste test. His wife, who would serve us, had no clue
what we were trying either. She served up 8 glasses with coded numbers
taped onto them, and all of us went from glass to glass, making notes
as we went along.
They were clearly very different, from pale to almost cognac-like.
We all agreed on the worst (IIRC, it was Vat 69) and almost all of us
preferred the same one...I distinctly remember it was Bells. Chivas,
Livit, and a few other high-end ones rated average. Granted, none of
my guys, or me, were experts.

ABC news recently did a similar test with vodka.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3201973&page=1

When you don't know what it is... many pre-conceived ideas go right
out the window.
BUT... there is no way in hell that Coors would get past me. Or Bud.

I have been told, that if you drink enough Coors, you end up goos-
stepping as you walk. (Must be the Adolph ingredient?)

r---- who is off to the pub for an Erdinger.