Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Obsolete? (commentary)

I don't know if this saw has some sentimental value or if you are just
hacked off because like the rest of us, you are feeling slighted by
the tool manufacturers these days.

I have a Milwaukee circular saw that is about 30 years old. I rebuilt
it (bearings, brushes, switches, cords) as needed for years. But now
parts are so expensive for it, I can literally buy a new Milwaukee for
less.

When I need parts for an old favorite, I keep an eye on the pawn shops
for some old junkers (when I have time) as well as ebay. I retired
that oldest Milwaukee as I found one in literally perfect shape that I
won on ebay for $77 or so to the door. It was the spittin' image of
my old favorite and never saw more than a cut or two in its life. It
even had the original steel blade (the saw was about 20 years old) on
it.

Robert