Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Home Depot Plywood Quality

"HerHusband" wrote in message
There's no point to this message, other than I need to vent somewhere...

I'm building a new entertainment center and just bought three sheets of
3/4" birch plywood and one sheet of 1/2" birch plywood from my local Home
Depot. This has to be some of the worst plywood I have ever purchased!

I didn't notice it till I got home and unloaded, but the faces of the
sheet had numerous blemishes and patches (both sides). I should have
looked it over better at the store, BEFORE I started cutting.
Thankfully, I managed to cut around the major blemishes, or hide them in
places where they can't be seen. Unfortunately, this left me a little
short, so now I need to pick up a quarter sheet to build the last two
shelves.

Learning to look at what you are buying is a good practice.

BUT when the plywood becomes delaminated or pieces start falling out I Take
It Back. Sure it is cut but the piece is defective, how would you know if
you had not cut it?