Posted to sci.electronics.repair
blanking blanking is offline

Default television goes again by hitting the top of it?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "blanking" blanking@brain
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "blanking" blanking@brain
wrote:

. I know there can be
dangerous voltages left in the capacitors after turn off so I presume
if
short the power plug phase and neutral pins to the earth pin I will
discharge any voltage in the caps.

Yes, that's correct, you troll. Make sure you work with both hands, and
keep one foot in the bathtub.

Not sure why you think i am a troll, I guess what I said is not totally
correct and maybe even dangerous, but I always intended to check with a
web
search exactly what to do, all I really know is that the caps will hold a
dangerous charge which i need to discharge somehow.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious why you're a troll. You keep muttering
about dust and capacitors and thinking something's loose other than,
let's say, the things that could possibly be loose. And, continually
declining to believe what you're being told. If you came hear to be a
pest, go away. If you came here to learn something, pay attention. You
may have the ability to triumph over your own ignorance, but it's going
to take more effort than you've so far exhibited. Do you know what a
cracked solder joint looks like, how to find one, and how to fix it? No.
And you aren't interested in taking the time to learn. And, I don't
blame you. One lousy 12 year old TV isn't worth the bother.

There's 40,000 volts hanging around in there, and shorting the power
plug pins together isn't going to do a damn thing to discharge them.
Getting thrown across the room and bounced off the wall when you touch
the wrong thing will get rid of part of it, though.

Wow, it's become clear real quick who to add to the killfile, sorry to those
who will now see this post because of my reply, rest assured I will add all
further trolls straight to my killfile