Posted to sci.electronics.repair
blanking blanking is offline

Default television goes again by hitting the top of it?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "blanking" blanking@brain
wrote:

. I know there can be
dangerous voltages left in the capacitors after turn off so I presume if
short the power plug phase and neutral pins to the earth pin I will
discharge any voltage in the caps.

Yes, that's correct, you troll. Make sure you work with both hands, and
keep one foot in the bathtub.

Not sure why you think i am a troll, I guess what I said is not totally
correct and maybe even dangerous, but I always intended to check with a web
search exactly what to do, all I really know is that the caps will hold a
dangerous charge which i need to discharge somehow.