Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default string trimmer head replacement

on 5/23/2007 10:46 PM badgolferman said the following:
I am considering trying out one of those weed whacker head attachments
that replaces the string. I'm sure you have seen those heads that have
two or three nylon/plastic serrated things that do the cutting instead
of the string.

Has anyone used those and do they work well? Obviously they will trim
weeds, but how do they work on edging and do they mar siding finish?

I bought a weed whacker head at Lowes. It uses the weed whacker plastic
string, but is not rolled up inside the head, but they do include some
replacement string pieces. When you need to replace the string, you just
put 3 new pieces in the head. After you run out of the string they
provide, you just cut 3 new pieces of the string off that roll that you
already have. Pull the old string pieces out of the head from the center
of the head and thread 3 new pieces through the outside of the head.
They are held in by a one way clamp. It takes less then a half minute to
replace the string. I just keep a number of pieces in my pocket for that
far away whacking. Forgot the name and the price.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY