Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Acronyms & Slang ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING

On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:53:49 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

GROVER wrote:
| ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING

snip

It might be time to add:

BORG Big Orange Retail Giant

Although some folks have created that definition to fit the acronym, I
believe most will agree it's a reference to the Star Trek (or
something) beast in space called the borg which will assimilate us
all.

Particularly so since the borg is also Lowe's (blue), Menards (unknown
color), Farm & Fleet (ditto), and others, rendering the "orange" part
a non-sequitir.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.