Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Foundation adhesive question....

On 23 May 2007 17:57:10 -0700, Todd wrote:

Folks,

I'm putting a french drain into the ground in front of my house in an
effort to direct rain/snow melt away from my basement....it will be no
more than 2 feet down....

The entire assembly (stone, pvc pipe, etc...)will sit in a piece of 6
Mil plastic sheeting that will force all water away from the house and
into the PVC....

the plastic will be attached to the foundation of the house, and then
filled with rocks.

I am looking for any suggestions as to what I can use as an adhesive
to glue the edge of the plastic to the outside of the foundation of
the house....it has to be a weatherproof/waterproof bond that will
continue to hold the plastic to the house for many decades, if
possible.

(just to clarify, the plastic will be attached to the house, and then
scoop under the entire french drain assembly - so from the bottom up,
it will be: Plastic, stone, PVC stone, landscape fabric, stone.)

Any suggestions for a good material would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks,

Todd

I'd use the expensive grade asphalt roofing tar. It is cheap and
comes in pails and tubes and provides a little extra protection in
case something destroys your plastic.