Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bissonj57@gmail.com is offline

Default Favorite "classic" tool?

On May 24, 8:38 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Bob the Tomato" wrote in messagenews:38ga53p7modplf1b2m41p5l94r3em9f20a@4ax .com...

Okay. New thread.

What is your favorite "classic" tool in the shop? You can interpret
"classic" to mean any number of things; I am going to interpret it as
meaning "they still make them the same way after 20+ years". But you
can interpret it differently if you like.

Mine would be the Porter Cable 505 half-sheet sander. Love it! It is
a bullet proof design and I don't think it could be improved much if
you tried.

Bob the Tomato

Probably the one that 90% of the people have and simply take for granted.
The Table Saw.

Personally my favorite is my 50 yo powermatic 66 table saw heavry at
hell had to take it down to pieces to move it in my shop but well
worth the effort, my grand daughter will be selling this one, I'm the
third onwer, both other owners were professional cabinetmakers, I do
cabinet work and furniture as a hobby but do sell what I make