Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Favorite "classic" tool?

What is your favorite "classic" tool in the shop? You can interpret
"classic" to mean any number of things; I am going to interpret it as
meaning "they still make them the same way after 20+ years".

After thinking about it for a little while, I think I have 3 responses
in different "categories". Great-grandfather's drill press, standard
front vise on my workbench, and the LN LABP (even though LN's version
might not have been around for 20 years, I'd still say it's a
"classic"). I'd have to say all 3 get used on basically every single
project I do, and all are comfortable and fun to use (with the
occasional exception of the vise, on which I cheaped out a little bit,
but I'm working on a few ways to improve that...)
Andy