Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Favorite "classic" tool?

Most of my tools are corded but I feel as if I get a lot of pleasure
when I use a old Record Shoulder plane to trim up the tenons and
respective shoulders. I have used a few jack planes too with simialr
feeling but I know I don't have the patience to develop the skill to
use planes more often. Anyway, making a few shavings and seeing the
desired results with a plane dictates my choice of the Rec Shoulder
plane as my favorite "Classic" tool.

Marc

On May 24, 3:44 am, Bob the Tomato wrote:
Okay. New thread.

What is your favorite "classic" tool in the shop? You can interpret
"classic" to mean any number of things; I am going to interpret it as
meaning "they still make them the same way after 20+ years". But you
can interpret it differently if you like.

Mine would be the Porter Cable 505 half-sheet sander. Love it! It is
a bullet proof design and I don't think it could be improved much if
you tried.

Bob the Tomato