Abrasha

Default Target attack on this NG

Tom Gardner wrote:

I started receiving e-mail with malicious virus attachments from forged
addresses pretending to be from people on the NG that I would normally read
their mail. I think it's a little too coincidental for a harvester to match
up the people that I correspond with. If this virus gets past my
protection, DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS FROM ME. -and let me know so I can
clean it out. If I get them from this NG, as it is the only one I use this
address, you too might be under attack. So far, I see a common thread
between the faked addresses that I am getting this booger from and
sophomoric personal attacks that have taken place on this NG. I've never
been called a female anatomy component until recently. Gee, who do you
think I suspect?

Very unlikely it came from the person you suspect, but of course it is very
convenient for you to blame someone, since that is so much easier than educating
yourself about how viruses are propagated over the Net.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com