Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Solar Flaire Solar Flaire is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

OK y'all got me now. What is SDS?

I don't necessarily agree with switching all conductors in all cases
and I think it is for the reason you have stated. I am not positive on
this one but I think there are no exceptions, bonded or not.

If the neutral is never bonded then a back feed can never
happen...hmmmmm. But then if a conductor isn't bonded then it requires
overcurrent protection, isolation and must be continuously ground
detected too.... they win.

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 22 May 2007 22:26:45 -0500, "Solar Flaire"
wrote:

No. Canada is on the CEC.
Does the US use the Canadian dollar?

No but we still get a lot of canadian quarters in our change.
The point is, does the CEC deal differently with separately derived
sources and things that are not SDS?

In the NEC, if you don't bond the neutral in the generator you don't
switch the neutral. The SDS does have the grounded neutral in the
separately derived source.