Posted to alt.electronics
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Shielding from microwaves

On Wed, 23 May 2007 22:34:26 +0300, eric wrote:

Hi, I am having a little microwave experiment, and I want to shield some
cracks from leaking microwaves. A pal said to me that a paper-type
called "mica" is used for such reasons in microwave ovens. Actually what
he told me is that it allows microwaves to pass through, but it blurs
them so as they are not focused as before.

And he had a straight face when he told you that?

Is it true,

Only in your friend's make belive world.

or does anyone know any better way to make leaking
microwaves less harmful (apart from Faraday cage, this is too hard for
me to make, I suppose).

You suppose? I don't. A Farady cage is the answer, basically.

OH, and mica is not a type of paper, either.