Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wjspm123@gmail.com is offline

Default A/C Evaporator Unit; Help Please!

I have a A/C system which suddenly stopped blowing cold air
overnight. Technician I called checks around, says there's no freon
in the system, leak somewhere. He opens up the evaporator box, sprays
for leaks, and tells me there's a leak at the base of the A-coil.
Bubbles appear where the arrow points at:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wjspm2/p...804394969908/0.

Technician quotes me $800-900 after parts/labor to replace the
evaporator unit, even with the unit still under warranty. My
questions are 1) Do I really need a new evaporator unit? and 2) Is the
quote in range?

Thanks, wjspm