Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
sparky sparky is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

On May 22, 11:25 am, wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:00:54 -0400, wrote:
On 21 May 2007 19:51:29 -0700, sparky wrote:

I am amazed at how many truly ignorant people are advising that some
variety of interlock is OK for a transfer switch. It is not only
dangerous but
illegal in both Canada and the US.

There are certainly legal, listed breaker interlock systems that are
legal in the US. Look in a Square D or Siemens catalog.
I can't speak for canada but I bet these are CSA listed too.

http://ecatalog.squared.com/pubs/Ele...ion/Load%20Cen...

This is a mechanical interlock in the provided link. It is much
different than
somebody putting two padlocks on two switches and the saying the will
throw
away one key.