Joel Corwith

Default Lifting a 900lb mill without a hoist

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message

So I hired a wrecker. That in itself was a trip. Instead of sending
out a medium duty rig, they sent one designed to haul semis. The rig
barely got into my garage - if I would have had a standard 7' door it
wouldn't have worked. Took all of 15 minutes to get her hooked up, in
the air, and back on the cart.

You aren't by any chance known in the neighborhood as "Rick the toolman" are
you?

Holy crap those semi tows are big!
:O
Joel. phx

"Rick, what'cha doing? Oh, just rotating tires on my Miada"

By the time I factor in what I would have spent on steel for the gantry
or engine hoist rental, my time dicking around, and potential for
injury, I think my $60 was well spent.

I do have some pics that I'll post to the dropbox soon.

THAT would be cool to see!