Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC DAC is offline

Default Has Anyone *Successfully* Painted Formica Countertops?

On May 22, 10:39 pm, wrote:
Would like to paint a double sink Formica countertop in a bathroom,
has anyone had any success at this?

I've looked through past posts to this group, but didn't find anything
that was really conclusive.

I found this on Google, but not to keen on the spray paint part.

http://www.wikihow.com/Paint-Formica-Countertops

I wouldn't do it, it's not worth it. Check out the price of
countertops from the local big box, my guess is that it wouldn't cost
that much more to purchase and install new...plus it'll look a lot
better. If you put new on, paint the front edge of the counter top to
keep water from trashing the particle board substrate...nearly every
counter top that I've had eventually has a flaky crumbly front edge.