Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Oneway 2436 or VB-36

"George" wrote in message news:tkK4i.34778

Sounds like my sweet spouse who looked at the first 16" bowl from the 3000
and pronounced it a "thunder mug." Got to admit, 20 would be as much as I
can ever think of swinging.

Amen. Before I turned a 12" maple bowl it sounded a reasonable size to me.
After finishing it, I looked at it on the sideboard and decided it was too
large for the piece. We placed it on our small pub-style dining table: it
dominated the table and left little room for food serving dishes. Same
thing on the coffee table. So I gave it to a friend for her birthday, only
to have her say, "Gee, it's lovely. But do you possibly have anything
smaller?" My daughter now uses is with her kids for popcorn while watching
DVDs on TV.

20"? That's big.

Max