Posted to alt.home.repair
TheRegit TheRegit is offline

Default Painting old cedar plank siding?

I am about to paint the exterior of my 40 year old house. The house
has cedar plank siding on it and it appears it hasn't been painted in
quite a long time. I am not sure I have only owned the house 4 years
and I know the people that owned it before me didn't paint it either.
I have a couple of questions?

What is the best way to prepare the house for the new paint? I have a
couple of planks that the paint is bubbling. Should I only scrape
these planks? or do I need to scrape the entire house?

Also what is the best way to apply the new paint, should I use a brush
or a sprayer?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Derek