Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default dryer plug to two 120VAC 30A ?

"Reid Fleming" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 4 "prong" dryer plug in my basement. Is there a converter
that will plug into it and let me plug in one or two 120VAC 30A
plugs? If there isn't such a converter, how hard would it be to
make one up? Thanks.

No such animal exists. If you need a 120V outlet, jury-rigging one from a
240V plug is not the right way to do it.
Why not replace the breaker and and plug thereby converting the line to
120V?

You could also just add new 120V line(s). You mentioned that this is
located in a basement. Don't know your specific situation, but it should
not be too tough to add a new line and outlet in a basement.