Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Toilet Flange Clearance

"BobD" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm redoing my bathroom and have removed all the old flooring, leaving
only a 1/2 inch subfloor. The toilet flange now sits 1 1/2 inch above
the subfloor. I will be tiling the floor so with 1/2 cement board
and about 1/2 for the tile and mud this only covers 1 inch. This
would leave the flange 1/2 above the finished floor. I've read
everywhere about how to raise the flange but does someone else have
any suggestions about dealing with too high of a flange and what is
too high?. Yes I know that I could add one more layer of subfloor,
but I would like to try alternatives. Thanks for your help.

I have never had a problem where the bottom of the flange sat on the
finished floor. That is real close to 1/2". So close I would never worry
about it.