Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
B-Hate-Me B-Hate-Me is offline

Default Portable A/C on wheels as backup in case the central AC dies?

"Jay-n-123" wrote in message
I'm considering getting an extra portable AC on wheels for the bedroom
(which is upstairs) in case my 20 year old central AC were to suddenly
die. That way, I'd be able to get some sleep at night if I weren't able
to immediately have a new central AC installed or the existing system
couldn't be immediately repaired. Is this a good idea or do you I am
crazy to want to spend a few hundred dollars on something to use as a
backup for the bedroom in case the central AC should fail?

Better buy 2 just in case the backup unit dies.